Service, Repair & Support
Table of Contents
Customer ServiceSubmit a comment online
Return AddressFlying Pigeon-LA, LLC
3404 N. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90065
In-Store Bike Repair
Quick Tune-Up $20
Get your bike ready for the weekend, or for a midnight ride
- Check bicycle for functionality/safety
- Air in tires, lube chain and pivot points, minor adjustments
- Adjustment barrel tweaks, touch-true wheels
Repair time is while-you-wait, or same-day service.Complete Tune-Up $60*
Get your bike finely tuned and lubricated.
- Adjust brakes front and rear
- Adjust derailleur front and rear (lube pulleys)
- True wheels front and rear
- Adjust all bearings
- Lube chain and cables
- Light cleaning
Repair time is 1 to 3 days.
*Add a full drive train cleaning for $20 more.Full Bike Overhaul $150*
Get your well-worn bike totally cleaned up - looking and riding like a brand new bike. Includes the services in the Complete Tune-Up.
- Bike is disassembled and cleaned
- Headset, hubs and bottom bracket overhauled
- Cables and housing changed (if needed)
- Complete tune-up and drivetrain cleaning
Repair time is one week.
*De-rusting an old bicycle will increase the cost and time required to get your old hero ready for another chance at glory. Expect our prices to double if all the chrome has turned brown.Bike Painting $240 and up
Get your bike powder-coated by one of our trusted local paint shops.
- Bike is disassembled and delivered to the paint shop
- Once the paint work is done, we re-assemble your bike
Repair time is between two to five weeks.
We also offer a number of "a la carte" services - wheel truing, individual part replacement, etc.
All service work does not include the price of replacement parts. Before replacing a broken or malfunctioning part on your bicycle, you will be contacted for approval - either by phone, email, text message, passenger pigeon, yodel, or Facebook.
We stock a variety of low-end replacement parts, as well as a cache of Velo Orange, Origin 8, Shimano, and other specialty parts most shops have no need for (Sturmey Archer three speed shifter cables or pawl springs anyone? 3S bottom bracket spindles? Anyone?).
LACBC, Eastside Bike Club, law enforcement, KPCC member, KCRW member, and student discounts available (i.e. an instant 5% off with some sort of proof - credible stories, tales of wonder, and amusement accepted). We also do plain old barter, but you'll have to inquire within for that (no, we don't exchange your old bikes for our working bikes - sorry).
Flying Pigeon Bicycle Support
Shipping & Delivery
- All goods in stock will be packed and shipped within 5 business days.
- All orders are shipped with delivery confirmation.
- Shipping fees are not refundable under any circumstances.
- We will ship to the location of your choice, but we do recommend shipping bikes you buy from us to a bike shop for assembly and tuning by a professional mechanic. Assembling your own bike will typically void a manufacturer's warranty.
- For large orders, or fully assembled bikes, arrangements for freight shipment require offline communication. For a quote on freight shipments, please contact us directly at email@example.com
- If your merchandise is damaged in shipment, and the damage is obvious without opening the package, it is imperative that you refuse delivery. If you discover damage to your items upon opening a package, please call us immediately at 213-909-8986 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Returns & Refunds
- Returns will be accepted only if the return is sent within thirty days of the delivery confirmation date.
- A full refund of the purchase price, excluding the shipping, will be made promptly upon receiving the merchandise in the same condition in which it was shipped.
- An exchange is allowed only to replace items that are defective, if the wrong item was shipped in error, or to replace an item damaged in shipment once an insurance claim has been resolved with the shipper.
- In the case of the wrong item being shipped in error or an item damaged in shipment, we will cover the shipping costs for the return shipment and the replacement item at ground shipping rates.
- Small imperfections in the polished finish of a frame, crankset, chainring, hub or rim, brake lever, handlebar, uneven stitching of a pannier, etc., things that have no affect whatsoever on the performance of a component but are only noticeable upon close inspection, do not constitute cosmetic defects warranting replacement at our expense. If we send you an item that doesn't look right to you, we'll take it back for exchange at your expense.
- Clearance or "sale" items can not be returned or exchanged.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE GATHER
When you purchase something from our site, or sign up for our email newsletter, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, mailing address, phone number, or email address.
When you browse our site, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. It is possible to browse our site anonymously.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
WHAT WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting that information and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use, or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us using the information provided on this page.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, any of your information we have collected may be transferred to the new owners.
SECTION 4 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 5 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not:
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart. _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
- PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where